|Location||Leeds, United Kingdom|
|Salary||£40,000 + Car or Allowance + Package|
To £40,000 per year + Car or Allowance + Benefits
The need for a Quantity Surveyor exists within a family owned national construction company operating across the Water, Energy, Multi Utility, Rail and Infrastructure Civils sectors.
As a Surveyor you will report to the Managing QS and be responsible for:
- Preparation and presentation of external/internal valuations.
- Compilation and agreement of variations and final accounts.
- Accurate and timely Cost Value Reports and such other reports as may from time-to-time be required.
- Supporting the Managing QS and Senior Contracts Manager in account forecasting and general costings.
- Negotiating the award of subcontracts within acceptable cost and risk parameters and thereafter the measurement and payment of the sub-contractor within the appropriate contractual/statutory timescales.
- Resolution of low-level contract disputes and assistance with more complex matters.
- Provision of accurate and constructive feedback to the estimating team.
- Assisting in the bid management process.
- At least 3 years post graduate experience in a similar role.
- A minimum of HNC/D in Quantity Surveying.
- A good awareness of NEC forms of contract.
- Conceptual thinker.
- Ability to understand and build partnerships.
- Commercial awareness.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Resourcefulness and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to analyse problems and offer solutions.
- Ability to manage resources to reach the successful completion of the projects for which the post holder is responsible.
- Extensive technical construction knowledge.
- Computer literate.