|Location||Hemel Hemstead, United Kingdom|
|Salary||£35,000 - £40,000 + Package|
Up to £40,000 + Package
Our client is seeking to expand their Health and Safety department by recruiting a SHE Advisor. You will ensure all operations undertaken are conducted safely and in accordance with our clients health & safety, environmental and quality policies, procedures and best practice and work closely with their operational personnel to achieve excellent health, wellbeing, safety, quality and environmental performance, high levels of compliance and ultimately a strong, positive health and safety culture across the entire business.
- Providing support to the operational teams in the necessary guidance, briefing and training required by individuals to carry out their work. Ensure employees are aware of their statutory duties and responsibilities and understand the requirements of company procedures.
- Review and assist with production of risk assessments, safe systems of work, construction phase health, safety and environmental plans.
- Provide advice on a range of specialist areas, e.g. risk assessments, CDM, excavations, hazardous substances, working at height, safeguarding machinery and occupational health, etc.
- Monitor operational teams via site safety inspections and management audits to ensure work activities are carried out in accordance with Company policy, procedures and relevant statutory legislation.
- Stopping work at any time where compliance with health, safety or environmental legislation is in question and implement corrective action before leaving site where at all possible.
- Undertake internal audits and produce reports based on findings.
- Carry out incident investigations ensuring that investigations produced are of sufficient quality and completed within prescribed timescales complying with the reporting process. Produce reports based on the findings with relevant recommendations highlighted for management.
- Produce and deliver toolbox talks, inductions, monthly focuses and appropriate H&S training material about health and safety issues and risks.
- Assist with updating and further developing the Health, Safety and Environmental management systems.
- Maintaining and develop the Health & Safety competence matrix.
- Liaise with external bodies including the Health and Safety Executive, Clients and other stakeholders as directed by the SHE Manager.
- Arrange and facilitate employee H&S committee meetings and safety stand downs as appropriate.
- Attend, support and represent H&S at appropriate meetings.
- Support with the cascading of relevant H&S information and updates.
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of legislation and any developments that affect the industry.
- Produce reports on work/projects/activities carried out.
- Contribute to the completion of Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQ) and tender enquiries.
- Act as a role model at all times in support of the company’s vision, priorities and values.
- Carry out any other duties appropriate for the role.
- Minimum 2 years’ previous experience as a Health & Safety Advisor in a construction environment (Utilities experience desirable)
- Consistently demonstrate high standards of safety behavior, leading by example, promoting safety culture
- Self-motivated, and able to work on own initiative; enthusiastic with 'can do’ attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels including directors Ability to influence at all levels
- Ability to manage potential conflict during site inspections with operational teams
- Capable of delivering confident articulate presentations
- Good time management skills and able to work to deadlines
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook)
- NEBOSH (General or Construction Certificate)
- Working towards NEBOSH Diploma or NVQ Level 5 Diploma in Occupational H&S
- Must hold a current UK Driving License
- CSCS Card (appropriate type)
- Environmental qualification
- EUSR National Water Hygiene Trainer
- SHEA Gas
- Face Fit Tester
- NRSWA Supervisors
- Temporary Works Coordinator