|Location||Oxford, United Kingdom|
|Salary||£40,000 + Car or Allowance + Package|
£40,000 + Car or Allowance + Package
Our infrastructure client has an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor experienced in highways and telecommunications. Our clients’ specialist division forms part of a wider global group which operates in over 100 countries covering construction, civil engineering, energy, services and telecommunications.
As an integral member of the Project Team, your role will involve managing the commercial performance of projects working alongside the Project Manager. You will cover projects in the Oxford area’s and you will be conversant with NEC 3 TSC & Option C forms of contract.
You will ideally have civil engineering highways/telecommunications experience and better still have previous experience working on SMART Motorway projects or other fibre optic related projects.
Typical duties will include -
- Carry out commercial activities to meet the Project objectives, including providing advice, guidance and support on such matters to the Project team
- Proficient in the understanding of contractual obligations, under all standard forms of contract – such as NEC TSC and the JCT suit of contracts
- Measuring & describing highways engineering works
- Delivery monthly/periodic measurement/assessment of sub-contractor works
- Assist with the preparation of detailed budgets and cost plans
- Preparing & interpreting turnover/cash flow projections and profit/loss forecasts
- Assist in the identification of and undertaking the notification valuing of variations & potential variations, working closely with financial colleagues
- Preparing interim applications for payment
- The preparation and agreement of final accounts with clients and subcontractors
- Managing the early warnings and compensation event processes with respect to NEC contracts both D&C and TSC
- Actively resolve contractual issues including extensions of time, loss and/or expense claims, terms & conditions
- Prepare and submit reports as appropriate to Company requirement especially month end results, forecasts and activity reports
- Development and procurement of sub-contract packages
- Perform risk value management and cost control
- Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risk