|Location||Milton Keynes, United Kingdom|
|Salary||£45,000 - £50,000 + Car Allowance (£4,800) + Bonus|
£45,000 - £50,000 + Car Allowance (£4,800) + Bonus + Benefits
We have been appointed by our client to recruit a Construction Manager.
Our client is the UK’s leading provider of wholesale fibre network infrastructure, empowering the UK’s economy and society. Their pure fibre infrastructure transforms the way governments, businesses and consumers communicate.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Construction Manager will be responsible for the delivery of the Civils construction element for a FTTP/Metro network deployment project within a City. This role will be responsible effectively managing key internal and external stakeholders to ensure delivery of the Civil network infrastructure is constructed on time, within budget and meets the required Quality criteria.
A good technical understanding of telecoms fibre optic networks is desirable, however individuals from other utility and civil engineering sectors will be considered.
- Management of multiple work streams and resources for constructing the civils network infrastructure for the successful delivery of FTTP/Metro.
- Deliver projects on time and to budget through robust, high quality management processes, covering risk mitigation and forecasting.
- Direct management responsibility for the Construction Supervisors and through matrix management the Planning/GIS and Field Services resources.
- Manages all vendors/contractors for construction.
- Monitoring, reporting and escalation of issues within projects with risk mitigation and recovery plans in place to minimise any affects.
- Ensure accidents, incidents and near misses, quality failures and service deterioration trends are reported to the SHEQ Manager.
- Through a close working relationship with commercial, identify at the earliest opportunity risks to delivering the budget, supplier and/ or overhead cost impacting upon the project.
- Provides accurate weekly reporting on progress, risks encountered and/or forecasted, costs incurred to date, capturing WIP including Risk estimations and forecasted Cost to Complete to the FTTP and Metro Delivery Project Manager.
- Manage the operational relationship with all suppliers and have monitoring in place to ensure contractual KPI’s and technical specifications are adhered to and met. Through a close working relationship with Contract Management the completion of KPI measurement to a regular prescribe timetable and formal notification.
- Establish and maintain an effective relationship with key suppliers, internal departments and customers as necessary to deliver projects.
- Establish, manage and weekly or as required report of project Highlights, Risks and Issues throughout the project lifecycle to the FTTP/Metro Delivery Project Manager
- Ensure all completion documentation and as-built information is handed over within the agreed SLA by the contractor and it is checked for accuracy prior to issuing to GIS.
- To promote and manage excellent SHEQ practice across the company and its contractors.
- Ensure individual on-line H&S training is completed.
- Proven track record in delivering medium multi-site client projects with experience of managing capital budgets extending to £5M.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to set good example to others.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to present to senior management, clients and stakeholders
- Ability to negotiate suitable outcomes that mitigate project risk.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Project.
- Good technical understanding of telecoms fibre optic networks.
- Demonstrable experience of method statements and risk assessments.
- Commercial Awareness - understands basic revenue models, P&L, and cost-to-completion projections
- Ability to demonstrate experience and working knowledge of CDM Regulations
- Understanding of the New Roads & Streetworks Act 1991(NRSWA)
- Experience of recognised project management methodology
- Experience of using ICC form of contract and knowledge of NEC3 ECC form of contract
- Proven ability to identify and action "add on" sale opportunities.
- Experience of CRM systems – Salesforce.
- Degree Level or 5 years + Project Management experience gained within a Civil telecoms environment.
- NRSWA Streetworks Supervisor Certification Units 1,10-16
- Institution of occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) – Managing Safely
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Project management qualifications e.g. Prince 2 Practitioner or APM
- Civil Engineering qualifications
- Fibre Optic qualifications