|Location||Peterborough, United Kingdom|
|Salary||£300 - £340 per day|
Contract (Min 6 months)
£300 - £340 per day (Dependent on experience)
A UK leading telecoms business is seeking to appoint a Freelance Quantity Surveyor to complement their team in Peterborough. The requirement is immediate and a minimum 6-month contract term is initially offered.
You will have main contractor civil engineering experience, ideally within a telecoms or utilities environment. The successful candidate can expect an enjoyable role, a respectable day rate and importantly a good contract duration.
- Manage the commercial resources of the assigned project(s) to manage planned expenditure through the placement and control of contracts.
- Value work executed by contractors and certify interim and final payments.
- Support the authorisation and submission of project variations.
- Assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks and implement the companies' policies for risk management.
- Provide commercial and contractual expertise to contracts, to include the production and submission of valuation certification, drafting & issuing correspondence, claims, produce and report budget monitoring and producing contract/workstream performance data.
- Assist in the monthly measurement of supplier KPI’s and reporting to provide robust, timely and accurate cost and value data at both project and regional levels and their progress in relation to the programme schedule.
- Providing commercial information from projects to enable estimation at programme level to occur.
- Acting as the contractual and commercial guardian within the business.
- Working knowledge of ICC and NEC3 ECC forms of Contract.
- At least 5 years’ experience.
- Experience in the civil engineering industry/passive network e.g. streetworks.
- Experience in the telecoms or utilities sector.
- Experience of NRSWA and SRWR streetworks requirements.
- Min HNC/HND level education or equivalent.