|Location||Nottingham, United Kingdom|
|Salary||£60,000 - £70,000 + Car or Allowance + Package|
Up to £70,000 + Package, depending on skills and experience
We are currently recruiting for a Managing Quantity Surveyor to join the senior management team within a well-established and well-known civil engineering main contractor. Consideration may be given to an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor who can demonstrate performing a similar role right now, but perhaps is not really getting the recognition.
The successful post-holder will be responsible for managing the commercial delivery of the wider civils projects in and around the North and East Midlands, values ranging from £3m - £30m. You will report to the Commercial Director and your reporting team will consist of up to 6 Surveyors at any one time.
- Manage and develop the commercial team, ensuring workload is covered effectively and to ensure compliance and processes are being followed
- Ensure that accurate and timely monthly Cost & Value Reports are completed
- Ensure that commercial and administrative systems, budgets and cost control procedures are utilised
- Maximise cash flow through the control, measurement and valuation of work, and the invoicing of customers and payment of suppliers
- Produce/ compile accurate forecasts/ budget information and produce accurate reports to client, maintaining and improving client relations as well as ensuring full entitlement under the contract is achieved
- Ensure contract commercial deliverables and timescales are met
- Assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks
- Responsible for ensuring works are valued, including any variation thereto, in accordance with the contract and analysis to determine the project True Value.
- Holds the relevant qualifications (e.g. Degree in Quantity Surveying)
- Commercial experience within civil engineering infrastructure
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Experience of leading and managing a commercial team
- Experience of identifying and managing commercial risks and opportunities
- Excellent communicator (written and verbally with clients, colleagues and the wider public)
- Thorough knowledge of NEC3