|Location||Liverpool, United Kingdom|
|Salary||£50,000 + Car or Allowance + Package|
£50,000 + Car or Allowance + Package
One of the UK's largest Civil Engineering groups is seeking to appoint a Quantity Surveyor to further supplement their commercial team located in Manchester. The role exists within their Telecoms Division supporting existing Frameworks with key and long-established clients. The role is regionally positioned covering the framework projects in the North West, so if you are ideally located you need never be concerned about working away from home.
With a large order book announced for the next 5 years the right candidate can expect to benefit from clear and unrestricted progression within the group business.
It is essential that your experience is within the civil engineering sector, ideally within utilities or telecoms and you have experience of working in a high volume/low value transactional type environment.
Reporting directly to a Commercial Manager, you will plan, control and ensure effective administration of the commercial and financial aspects of all the projects under the frameworks while maintaining compliance with the conditions of contract and company policies.
- Maintenance of the change control process and financial risk management at project level.
- Ensure financial information is available for audits and KPI reporting.
- Track and report cash flow and monitor and action ageing profiles.
- Review cost and value reports and margin analysis for projects on a monthly basis and summarise for Directors and financial reporting.
- Review the project applications and out-turn forecasts on a regular basis with regard to monitoring actual performance against budget and provide updates and action plans.
- Monitor and report ledger trends and review potential lean efficiencies and implement improvements.
- Regularly review the approved supply chain and ensure best value, including negotiation and award of subcontracts using the appropriate suite of orders.
- Final account the works and subcontract accounts.
- Work with internal departments to further develop any system improvements, integration and reporting tools.
- Regularly liaise with key stakeholders.
- Ideally HNC or Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar discipline.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge at the appropriate level within a civils/utilities contracting organisation.
- Good communications skills, able to communicate confidently.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage/prioritise workloads, adapt and challenge.
- Ability to appropriately delegate tasks to the team.
- Excellent IT skills, particularly Excel.
- Excellent numeric and literacy skills.
- Knowledge of health and safety.
- Knowledge and experience of different forms of contracts.