|Location||Worthing, United Kingdom|
|Salary||£60,000 – £65,000 + Car allowance + Bonus|
£60,000 - £65,000 + Car Allowance + Bonus/Competitive Benefits
The requirement for a Senior Project Manager exists with a large infrastructure organisation involved in fibre telecoms roll-out. Ideally you will be from a fibre telecoms construction delivery background, however, serious consideration will be given to those with relevant experience at senior level within multi-utilities - gas, electric or water.
As a key member of the project leadership team you will drive the construction build and delivery of a telecom fibre scheme in and around the Worthing area. You will provide leadership, direction and development of all facets in the management of the Delivery Team and will have responsibility for members of the wider team, including Site Managers and Site Supervisors. You will ensure the successful completion of the large scale construction roll-out to programme, budget and to quality.
The role is responsible for all things build from design acceptance to build data quality and accuracy. This role requires strong leadership and expert technical knowledge, working and developing effectively across internal and external relationships. The Senior Project Manager will be highly adept at prioritising competing demands with an intuitive sense for what is important.
- A champion of Quality and H&S, promoting and managing excellence in SHEQ practices internally and its contractors, to ensure high standards are maintained.
- Accountable for contractor delivery to time, cost and quality
- Accountable for end to end delivery of the build in a town or city
- Act as Point of Contact for escalations for all matters contractual related and liaison into Procurement
- Run governance meetings to ensure ongoing control
- Deliver projects on time and to budget through robust, high quality management processes, covering risk mitigation and forecasting
- Direct management responsibility for the construction management team and through matrix management the planning/GIS and field services resources
- Engagement with Design team on build order and local information
- Ensure all completion documentation and as-built information is handed over within the agreed SLA by the contractor and that it is checked for accuracy prior to issuing to GIS
- Identify and deliver opportunities for cost saving synergies across the delivery team
- Manage the operational relationship with all suppliers (including mobilisation) and have monitoring in place to ensure contractual KPI’s, technical specifications, cost targets and system usage are adhered to and met
- Management of multiple work streams for deploying FTTH/P
- Provide information internally to be able to monitor, report and escalate issues within projects with risk mitigation management and recovery plans in place to minimise any affects
- Own budget and track spend to budget
- Own relationship with highways in local council and work with internal on overall council engagement
- Review Business connection pipeline for the town or city and working with the regional service operations team to identify the priorities
- Through a close working relationship with procurement team ensure the completion of KPI measurement and productivity metrics to a regular prescribed timetable and formal notification
- Proven track record in delivering medium to large multi-site telecoms or utility related projects such as gas, electric or water
- Strong contractual and commercial knowledge
- Effective leadership skills and experience of running a large operations team
- A committed team player who excels in a broad role and is proven and adept at working across stretching and demanding timelines
- Proven delivery management experience
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to present to executive level clients and stakeholders