Highways England has chosen the winners for one of its biggest ever framework deals.
It is thought the names will be officially confirmed shortly of contractors who have bagged places on the programme worth up to £8.7bn over the next six years.
It is understood the winners are:
- North West/North East/Yorks/Humber: Costain, Balfour Beatty, Kier
- South West: Vinci, Galliford Try
- East & West Midlands: BAM Nuttall, Skanska
- South East: BAM Nuttall, Balfour Beatty
- East: Skanska, Galliford Try, Costain
The framework replaces the present Collaborative Delivery Framework and sees Interserve, Morgan Sindall, Hochtief and Sisk miss out on the work carve up.
Under the new Regional Delivery Partnership arrangement, contractors will become delivery integration partners, designing and constructing motorway and major A-road projects across England under NEC4 standard terms, with suitable amendments.
Article courtesy of Grant Prior – Construction Enquirer